Create a relationship with your colt or horse that will form the foundation for their future.
Ensure your horse has a positive understanding of all the essentials required for a first ride.
View Upcoming Clinic Dates
Everything we do with a horse requires a relationship based on leadership and trust. Every horse, like every human, is unique. We discover who your horse is, what their strengths are and where they struggle. We learn exactly what to help them with and precisely how to support them. In doing so we eliminate any potential snags before they have the opportunity to develop.
Just like a young human, we can help shape the thoughts of a young horse. We can develop their enthusiasm, their ability to try and experience success, their desire to be with and follow you. We can show them alternatives to fear and anxiety so you'll not have to deal with that in the future. Thus, our eventual transition to riding can be seamless, as our horses will have an understanding of everything they need to know by the time you swing a leg over for the first time.
Clinic Focal Points
- Developing a solid relationship with your colt that will last a lifetime
- Showing your colt how to follow your presentation - a fundamental component that transitions directly to riding
- Discovering who your horse is: what they excel at and where they need help
- Becoming a trusted, dependable leader for your horse
- How to use play and games to develop curiosity, try and pride in your colt
- Common manoeuvers such as lateral exercises (sidepass, turn on the haunches, etc.) and gait changes
- Complete the steps required for first saddling and first rides
More about Scott Phillips and Amazing Horse Country.
Questions and Answers about our clinics and facility.